Sunday, August 11, 2013

Things that I think are helpful!

Well, I have to say one of the best things that I have discovered is QUIZLETS!  I have to say in undergrad I was the queen of flashcards.....however in med school creating flash cards with such a large volume of material is not the best use of time.  One of my upperclassmen friends stated, "You are so tired from making the flash cards you don't want to use them".  A very true statement!  I bring this up because at AUA med 3 and 4 is based mostly if not entirely on the premise of memorization.  During med 1-2 critical think and understanding of key concepts helped you passed exams..........in med 3 and 4 memorization is the name of the game. So, by utilizing digital flash cards made by other students or creating your own is very helpful in preparing for in house exams.  I also think that purchasing pre-made flash cards for pharm and micro from companies such as Lange McGraw Hill, Lippincott's and Kaplan are also a fair way to go.  Some of these pre-made flash cards go as far so to give scenarios and vignettes on your flash cards.  However, I have to say the anatomy flash cards that feature Dr. Netters images are pretty close to useless.  I guess they are appropriate for undergrad anatomy classes, but are not helpful at helping you answer secondary or tertiary questions seen on exams (classroom or cadaver).  Books such as Brs and Snells are more appropriate.



 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment