Saturday, February 9, 2013

AUA welcome back party and East Restaurant

My first few days back on the island were full of hugs, kisses, tears and happiness.  Along with several of my friends I had the opportunity to celebrate several birthdays, eat tons of cake and eat at nice restaurants to celebrate.  One of these Restaurants was East at Carlisle Bay.  Carlisle Bay is located on the other side of the island and was quite a trek by car when it is dark and the driver of the car you are in cant determine if you are still on All Saints Road that cuts through the center of the island.  Needless to say, after stopping at least 7 times to ask for directions at several questionable locations we made a 30 minute trip last an hour and a half.  This caused use to be an hour late for our 8 p.m. reservations and made for one cranky restaurant manager.  But we still got to keep our table for 20 and were got to eat overly priced food that was fairly tasty.  I do have to admit that the restaurant was beautiful and located in an amazing location.  I would love to go again if I felt like I could afford the dinner to enjoy the amazing view.  According to the internet East is the only air conditioned restaurant on the island......cant say that by itself won me over. But the Koi     fish, fire pit and beautiful pool did the job.

  


After leaving east my friends and I went to Ocean Point Hotel where the school or a student from the school hosted a welcome back party for the students.  The hotel was much improved since we had last gone there for the schools semi formal and I enjoyed being there very much.  The patio was jammed packed with students and it was nice to get to see all my fellow classmates and friends in one central location.  I even got to see my knight in shining armor, the med 2 student that helped me out with my plane tickets at the airport.  I got to meet his close friends and probably talked for a good 30 minutes or so.  It was nice getting to meet new people and catch up with my close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment