Monday, August 13, 2012

First time on AUA campus

I am very happy to report that it has been a successful Monday.  However, I am sure that this will probably be the only happy and successful Monday I will have this semester. :-)  Made it onto a crowded bus this morning at 8:25 to get registered for my first semester at AUA.  The campus was beautiful and breath taking and all the students so far have been extremely kind and friendly. I am serious when I say the campus is beautiful.  There was a garden crew working there when we arrived.  All the flowers were beautiful! The whole process didn't take too much time because I preregistered so I was quite happy about that. Received my AUA photo ID and Blackboard account today and even went to the campus bookstore.  Looks like Daddy is maybe getting a $5 coffee mug! The guys and I got a great kick out of the smooched taranchula outside the door......welcome to the carribean my friends!  Yikes! Sunny had to use his shoe as a size comparison when taking a pic with a camera phone......if I only knew what size shoes he wears. :-)  Some students in my complex said there has been some lizards in their rooms....could get interesting real soon.  Well AUA's food courts are located outside in a several small shacks all about the size someone in Missouri would park their riding lawn mower into.  I ordered a veggie burger and it was quite tasty however waiting outside in the sun sweating my butt of was not pleasant while waiting for my meal.  It was fun though getting to eat with several new friends.  Swimming in the pool at the complex afterwards helped things out greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment